Sunday, May 18, 2008

My quilting history


I have been in love with quilting for about 3 years. In fact, my love affair began in the summer of 2005 when I was expecting my 2nd child, Dayna. I am not even sure how it started really. No one I know quilts. Maybe it was a book I saw that was bargain priced at $15 that gave every instruction imaginable for the new quilter...whatever the spark, it has certainly developed into a passion. I love hearing about the history of quilting and how it has always been a connecting thread among women. It was an integral part of a woman's world. All members of her family were somehow touched with her needle and thread. While quilting doesn't define who I am, it is a way to express myself to the people in my life. I am including a picture of my first quilt, which was made for my 1st child, Emma, for Christmas (she was 2 1/2). I had intended it to be a gift from the new baby, but Dayna was born 2 weeks early, putting my plans on hold. It is a modest quilt that she uses even now. It was inspired by my tile floor in my kitchen, of all things!




3 comments:

Tiffany said...

By the way...still waiting on mine... :)

Just kidding!

Miss you


<3 Tiff

jacquie said...

I love reading how folks started quilting. So cool that you are passionate about it.

Gretchen said...

Can't wait to see more of your work!