Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Newest Quilt Top

A little history first: I taught K-4 this year and my oldest daughter, Emma, was one of my students. Boy that was interesting :o) Anyway, Teacher Appreciation Week was 2 weeks ago and my husband found this amazing fabric for me from Emma (isn't that sweet).


I found a pattern that I loved out of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine called Scottish Stars. It took a little over a week to put the top together and now here it is in all its glory! There are many points that have been cut off, unfortunately, but you cannot really see them if you stand back and squint! This is the most challenging quilt I have done so far, but I like the outcome!


Here is a close up of the star block.

5 comments:

jacquie said...

Shanna,
I love this. Don't worry about the points...there really are NO quilt police! I have this same fabric...I think I'm inspired! Thanks!

Donna said...

Love that fabric. It is so fun to receive fabric as a gift isn't it? Your quilt is lovely. Is the star paper pieced?

Shanna said...

Donna,
I do love fabric presents!! The star wasn't paper pieced...that scares me a little :o) The center block was strip pieced and the cream sides were just cut and pieced using the magazine templates. Talk about a lot of cutting!

Unknown said...

I love your new quilt, Shanna!

Tiffany said...

PRETTY!